Close

• B.I.G.s gold n stainless steel Rolex watch will be auctioned in March 2009

You're looking at a watch owned by the Einstein of modern hip-hop, the Notorious BIG. Yes Biggie Smalls himself, the man who helped form east coast hip-hop into what it is today wore a diamond-studded rolex watch. Notorious B.I.G.'s gold-and-stainless-steel Rolex watch with diamond bezel, said to be his first sizable piece of jewelry, is listed at $15,000-$20,000.

You can get your shot at the signature piece during the "Hip-Hop's Crown Jewels" auction from the contemporary art auction house Phillips de Pury & Company, which will take place March 5, 2009 in New York. The sale, which was originally scheduled for October 1, was pushed back due to the overwhelming interest in the catalog, according to a spokesperson.

The pieces include MC Lyte's gold mushroom-shaped ring with a profile of Nefertiti, a diamond link bracelet owned by 50 Cent that the paper said "is so bloated with diamonds that wearing it would be akin to hoisting a five-pound barbell all day," Biz Markie's signature diamond-studded cassette pendant and the diamond-dusted Rolex that belonged to the late great Notorious B.I.G.

Source: Mtv.com

Discuss this article
    in the B.I.G. Forum