Register

Welcome to the NotoriousOnline.org (Notorious BIG / Biggie Smalls online community).

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

• Busta Rhymes Praises Gucci Mane, Talks Sampling Notorious B.I.G. For Album

Busta Rhymes praises Gucci Mane calling him a “dope mother f*cker,” and explains the making of their track together dubbed “Make It Look Easy.”

Busta Rhymes recently dropped his “Year Of The Dragon” album as a free project for fans. The album was well received throughout most of the hip hop community, but there was a surprise record on the project in the track “Make It Look Easy.”

The song was sampled from the late Notorious B.I.G.’s track ‘Dreams,’ so it was definitely quite a surprise to hear Gucci Mane on the track. Busta Rhymes explains he was looking to do something different with the single, which is exactly why he put a southern rap artist on the single.

” It’s really a New York [record] and since B.I.G. did such an amazing job with it, there’s really nothing wrong with people calling it the “Dreams” beat. My thing is we’ve heard a lot of artists jump on Southern productions and I thought it would be interesting if we have a South artist jump on a classic New York production.”

Busta Rhymes went on to tell SOHH that Gucci Mane is a truly talented artist, and not to mention a “dope mother f*cker.”

” That was pretty much the idea behind the record. Gucci Mane is a dope motherf*cker to me. I can speak from a personal experience because I’ve seen the brother work in the studio. I’ve seen how hard he works and you can go to a Gucci Mane concert and see how talented this artist is.”

http://theversed.com/2012/10/30/bust...i-g-for-album/